It is very important that users in a building make proper facilities for effective draining of waste and clean water and for the undertakings to function right. A proper drainage system also ensures a safe and healthy environment for people staying in the buildings and independent homes.
There are various reasons why drains in a building get clogged. For instance, a clogged drain pipe in the kitchen is quite common, which can be cleared by making use of common household items also like borax, hot water, vinegar and baking soda.
Why hire professional plumbers for drain cleaning?
Clogged drains require immediate attention and must be fixed immediately or else they can flood the toilet, floor or sink in the kitchen. At times it is not a simple matter to unclog the drains and so it is important to hire services of a plumber. The easiest thing that can be done is to flush the drain by using hot water. Use of boiling water for clogged drains works best even on metal pipes and especially if the pipes are PVC; the joints in the pipes can be melted by using hot water over 175 degrees. Unclogging of grease drain pipes is a little difficult. Plumbers make use of baking soda and vinegar as drain cleaners for grease. The main reason of acquiring the services of a professional plumber is that they clean the drain effectively and the waste is thrown out, thereby resulting in a cleaner environment.
Ways to remove clogged junk
Clogged drains are the cause of unpleasant odor. Therefore, it is vital to remove the waste from a clogged drain pipe. Some of the effective methods that can be used include use of baking soda and vinegar, bent wire hanger, boiling water, wet and dry vacuum, caustic soda, drain snake and dish detergent.
How to keep the drain clear of blocks?
It is very important that drain maintenance is done regularly and for that, it is not necessary to hire plumbers always.
- You can clean the sink drains from time to time and prevent clogs by adding a handful of baking soda in the drain, followed by hot water.
- You can also cover the drains with food and hair catchers referred to as strainers. The strainers are useful as they keep the items away from entering into the drainage pipes.
- The best and natural cleaner that can be used for the drain is vinegar.
How to avoid unclogged drains?
- The risk of a clogged drain pipe can be reduced by not pouring grease down the drain. It is very important that chemicals and paints are disposed properly, as pouring them down the drain would deteriorate the plumbing system.
- Use of kitchen strainer is beneficial as food does not get clogged in the pipes.
- Food items must not be forced down the drain and large pieces of food must be thrown into the garbage.
- Lint and hair must be removed from the drain immediately to avoid a clogged drain.